The other day, my Grandpa came to our house for dinner. He is 94 years old, and has been a part of my life since I took my first breath. I have had the unfortunate opportunity to see many people I love dearly fade away, either in death or in strained family relationships. But he is someone I can look to as a constant. He is always kind, patient and loving. He has the sort of stubborn pride and a non-complaing attitude that only people of his generation seemed to possess. He has an amazing sense of humor...one that shined through even after he hurt himself horribly in two separate falls. I love you, Grandpa Owens! This month has been a good one so far. Matt had a week of Vacation, and so we had a STAYCATION!! We had planned to go to Disneyland, but didn't at the last minute....and it was a pretty good time. Of note was our trip to the Hansen Planetarium. Something cool there is a 3D movie about the animals in the ocean. I have never seen anything so cool, and Levi and Clara kept reaching out to try to touch the fish swimming through the air. One of the pictures I have posted here is worth a bit of commentary. Matt came running downstairs last week and told me to come upstairs with him. I went up, and saw my two little angels in bed together cuddled up like a Bougereau painting. Enjoy!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
thank you Mary... Matt is almost as enthusiastic as Mark Eubank... and Levi, Clara, and Heather are as adorable as ever. Fun post!
Oh my sweet picture. All pics were fun to look at but that pic of your two angels is priceless. Glad to see your doing more than Primary. Hope to see you outside of the church hallway! :)
Finger
I first of all I just love the picture of your little angels in bed asleep. That is precious! The vacation day looked like a blast and has inspired us to come up and do something similar. Matt you are so funny! I laughed out loud at your "weather cast". Heather is so darn cute! Sweet footage of her playing with her father and his funny noises.
By the way Mary Anne, nice space suit pose! :)
Fatt Mowler AKA Karl Fackerel, I don't know if you remember me. This is Wally Mathis. You old devil.
Matt,
I can't believe Wally Mathis wrote to you, that is so awesome he remembered you and everything. I thank you so much for commenting on my blog, you are so great and you look EXACTLY the same as you always have. Why don't you gain weight like the rest of us, that is so rude. Will you please send me an email so I can have it and also so I can ask you a bunch more questions? My email is
shayneclayscottATgmailDOTcom
Dude, please say hello to your wife and also to Wally Mathis for me. I hope to get an email from you soon.
Really beautiful!!!
Phelps, congratulations!!!
"08-08-08" Olympic Games!!
Post a Comment